This blog was originally designed to keep me sane as I began learning Arabic. It morphed into a blog of musings about Arabic, the Middle East, and the Islamic World, as well as book reviews about those topics. Then, the blog became a place to keep my family and friends updated on my adventures while I was living abroad. During May and June of 2012, I had a 6-week long internship in Cairo, Egypt through a international student organization called AIESEC. I taught English at the Awladi Orphanage in Cairo, home to several hundred children. I lived in an apartment in Nasr City before moving to Maadi (each is a distinct area of Cairo). I experienced President Mursi's election, camped in the western desert, rode camels by the pyramids, and had countless other experiences. I have since moved past this blog, on towards new endeavors, but if you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment! Enjoy!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Alphabet Poster

I absolutely adore this poster! I bought it on Etsy a couple of weeks ago, and it has been (sticky)tacked to the wall above my headboard ever since. The poster is so cute hanging in my dorm room, and it really inspires me to look at Arabic as a child would: with an open mind and an open heart. It has been the starting point of many great conversations about what I have learned so far in my Middle Eastern studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment