This blog was originally designed to keep me sane as I began learning Arabic. It morphed into a blog of musings about Arabic, the Middle East, and the Islamic World, as well as book reviews about those topics. Then, the blog became a place to keep my family and friends updated on my adventures while I was living abroad. During May and June of 2012, I had a 6-week long internship in Cairo, Egypt through a international student organization called AIESEC. I taught English at the Awladi Orphanage in Cairo, home to several hundred children. I lived in an apartment in Nasr City before moving to Maadi (each is a distinct area of Cairo). I experienced President Mursi's election, camped in the western desert, rode camels by the pyramids, and had countless other experiences. I have since moved past this blog, on towards new endeavors, but if you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment! Enjoy!

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Plane Ticket to Cairo


 Bought my plane ticket to Cairo yesterday morning!
I knew that prices would just continue to go up, especially since the departure date is so close! I ended up getting mine for about 1400. It would have been cheaper if I lived somewhere closer to the East coast :( Ah well, there goes almost a semester's worth of pay. The only bad thing about my itinerary is the 10 hour overnight layover in London that I'll have on my way back home. *sigh*

However, I know that this trip will be worth it. Traveling is always worth it. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I completely agree with you, traveling is always worth it, even if you have to shell out 1400 dollars for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to know someone agrees! My parents think I'm a bit crazy, but I could not be more excited! You only live once. :)

      Delete