This blog was originally designed to keep me sane as I began learning Arabic. It morphed into a blog of musings about Arabic, the Middle East, and the Islamic World, as well as book reviews about those topics. Then, the blog became a place to keep my family and friends updated on my adventures while I was living abroad. During May and June of 2012, I had a 6-week long internship in Cairo, Egypt through a international student organization called AIESEC. I taught English at the Awladi Orphanage in Cairo, home to several hundred children. I lived in an apartment in Nasr City before moving to Maadi (each is a distinct area of Cairo). I experienced President Mursi's election, camped in the western desert, rode camels by the pyramids, and had countless other experiences. I have since moved past this blog, on towards new endeavors, but if you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment! Enjoy!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day 37


The past two days have been very uneventful! Yesterday, we went to work and then to an AIESEC conference at AUC. We mostly went so that we could see the AUC campus. Victor said it reminded him of Dubai: very modern, clean, and nice.
Today, we went to work and then napped for a couple of hours. We plan on heading over to Aarane’s to hangout with Victor, Shubhum, Aarane, and Paul. Shubhi left yesterday, so it’ll be weird having the group together without her. Faria is in Alexandria for a conference, so she won’t be there either. After next week (when Paul, Shubhum, Sherin, and I leave), our old group will have shrunk considerably. 

1 comment:

  1. MISS YOU! Hope all is still well!

    ReplyDelete